Very often we have inquiries about acquiring a site in the back cemetery. Burial sites in the back cemetery are not available because of the age of the cemetery and vandalism that had taken place many years ago. Many headstones in this remote area of the grounds had been destroyed over the years and with a number of other unmarked or unidentified grave sites have brought us to the conclusion that the area needs to be closed to any future burials.
The South New Hope Church & Cemetery Association will endeavor to preserve and care for all lots and graves with the goal of beautifying and preserving the grounds as a unit. All graves shall receive the same general care. As far as possible, the Association will discourage any outwardly conspicuous appearance of any individual lot but at the same time does not want to interfere with the preferences and tastes of individuals.
AQUIRING BURIAL SITES
There are a number of burial sites at the cemetery that individuals can acquire. The cemetery continues to be an active cemetery with the opportunity of using the church for a Christian funeral service.
The Trustees of the South New Hope Church & Cemetery Board of Trustees have established various fees for the privilege of acquiring burial sites. These fees may be changed from time to time and become effective immediately, without notice, upon passage by the Trustees. No fee change shall affect any sites that have been previously acquired. Fees for lots include the perpetual care of each and every burial site. All fees must be paid before interment.
Double Lot $600.
The South New Hope Church & Cemetery Association, to the best of their abilities, shall maintain an accurate record of the entire plat and lots found in the cemetery. Records shall include the date that the lot was acquired, by whom, amount paid, individual(s) date of birth and death and a record of all transfers.
SOUTH NEW HOPE CHURCH AND CEMETERY ASSOCIATION
WELCOMES YOUR VISIT
THESE RULES WERE ADOPTED TO MAKE A MORE ATTRACTIVE CEMETERY AND HELP CONTROL MAINTENANCE COSTS. WE ASK FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN FOLLOWING THESE FEW SIMPLE RULES.
1. Live and artificial flowers must be displayed in urns located at the right side of the headstone. It is recommended that urns have concrete patio blocks placed under them to keep them level and for ease of maintenance. Trees, shrubs or flowers may not be planted anywhere on grave sites. For safety purposes, no glass containers are allowed at any time on grave sites.
2. Faded artificial flowers or other grave site decorations in disrepair, including broken urns, will be removed and disposed of periodically.
3. All grave site decorations and flowers must be removed twice a year by the owner before May 1st and again by October 1st or they will be removed and discarded by the caretaker. Please place all trash or unwanted decorations in the container provided next to the maintenance shed.
4. Special plaques are permitted if they are attached to rear of headstone or set flush to the ground in front of the headstone or at foot of burial site.
5. Grave site decorations placed in or on the ground are not permitted. This includes statues, vigil lights, hanging baskets, etc.
6. Flag standards on military grave sites shall be placed on the left side of headstone. If you have questions, comments, suggestions or wish to contact Trustees for any reason, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. View pictures of the gravesites at findagrave.com for South New Hope here.